Monday, December 7, 2009

chess.com + meebo

noticed today that chess.com (who I recently paid for a membership too) slipped a meebo on me when I saw a small but crafty ad on the bottom left hand corner of my browser. some of those lowKey pop up toolbars work great, like on the hype machine, but in this case because I was not expecting it, it put me off.

I told her many stories about how the world could be, and she listened calmly. she knew right when I was going to finish my sentences, and saw my words in a clear and distant vision. we stood on the deck looking out into the valley. the cold mountain air was no match for our combined warmth. i held her close to me and felt the future from many years away. before I could see it up close, my attention snapped and I was tugged back to the evening. Maybe I wasnt supposed to get that close? We stepped back in side, having seen something beautiful, strange and frightening.

No comments: